WHAT IS PILATES EVOLUTION?
Simply put, Pilates Evolution is a combination of weight training and Pilates. Pilates Evolution utilizes the best of both: the strengthening and toning benefits of weight training, and the lengthening and postural enhancing benefits of Pilates in a circuit training sequence. Pilates Evolution keeps the heart rate up and burns extra calories. The routines incorporate "old school" exercises such as push-ups and lunges, however, the support of the ProFormerTM eliminates the pressure on joints and the spine.
I HAVE NEVER DONE PILATES. CAN I DO THE CLASSES OR SHOULD I DO PRIVATE SESSIONS FIRST?
It depends on your current fitness level. Most of our new students do just fine in the classes. The workout is intense, but the routine is kept simple to make sure everyone is using good form. However, if you have chronic back pain, painful joints or a severe medical condition, it is recommended that you take a private session first to assess your fitness level. If you feel you are easing your way back into working out and are unsure of the intensity of the workout, start with private sessions. It is a good way to ease your way into the Lagree Fitness workout and to attain a comfort level on the Proformer with less intensity.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
1. Most importantly, bring a positive attitude. Leave all your worries behind. The class is for you.
You need to be present minded when working out to maximize the benefits of the class.
2. Bring a towel as you will most likely sweat!
3. Bring a water bottle.
4. Wear loose, comfortable clothes that allow your muscles to stretch and your skin to "breathe," and yoga socks are recommended.
5. Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Your necklace may catch into the springs system (a nightmare to undo), and you may forget it or lose it. It creates too many opportunities for disaster (we know because we've seen it too many times), but wearing jewelry is a choice for you to make.
6. No cell phones during classes (please be respectful of others).
7. No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
8. If you are about to renew, please bring your payment. Most of our clientele pay online using our automated system. Please understand that no classes can be confirmed if you're not prepaid.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I PRACTICE PILATES EVOLUTION?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest. Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. I would recommend 2 to 3 times a week (Full Body Workout) to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Some students love the workout so much that they come 5 or 6 times a week. Listen to your body.
WHAT IF I CAN'T COME TO CLASS AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED? WILL I BE CHARGED?
We absolutely require 10-hour notice before making any kind of changes to your schedule. The same rules apply to the $199 unlimited special. During this special offer, we will charge an additional $15 each time you cancel or reschedule a class without giving us the full 12-hour notice. There are no exceptions. If you are not a member you will lose that session. If you no show to a class you will be charged $25.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT SCHEDULING CLASSES AND TO LEARN HOW TO USE THE AUTOMATED BOOKING SYSTEM?
Someone is usually available to answer calls between 10am to 5pm Tues-Sat. Please leave a message and someone will call you back asap! We recommend all our members become familiar with our automated booking system. It is the easiest, fastest and most accurate way to book and pay for classes. If you need more info, call or e-mail us.
WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IN ADDITION TO PILATES EVOLUTION?
A lot of the students swear by the combination of Yoga, particularly the Asthanga style, and Pilates Evolution, saying it's the perfect combo. Some recommend spinning. I would say mix it up. Variety is the spice of life. Your body has an amazing ability to adapt, so force it to adapt to new workouts and combinations. There is no best workout system. The best routine is no routine. There is an infinite amount of ways to train your body, so go out there and try new stuff!